A healthy bowl of carrot ginger soup is a delicious approach to reduce inflammation and boost immunity. Especially on chilly winter mornings, you cannot go wrong with a carrot ginger soup with a hint of turmeric and pepper.
On top of it, it is pretty simple to prepare. It’s also high in immune-boosting antioxidants. A soup that is packed with all things healthy and nutritious, thanks to the benefits of vegetable stock, carrots, and ginger, as well as the freshness of thyme on top. Vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants are all present with plenty in the carrot ginger soup, all of which were proven to enhance immune cell function.
How to make Carrot Ginger Soup?
Carrot Ginger Immune-boosting Soup is one easy to prepare dish with 9 ingredients. You simply need to wash the carrots and slice them into pieces. Starting with heating oil in a medium pan at a medium flame.
Then add the carrots and onions, minced. Cook, stirring regularly, until they soften, about 6 to 8 minutes. Then add the ginger and turmeric and simmer for about 1-2 minutes, stirring often, until aromatic. Next, purée the carrots, ginger, orange juice, salt, black pepper, vegetable broth, and turmeric in a food processor. Puree them for a creamy consistency and smoothness. Season freshly coriander leaves and freshly grounded pepper and serve warm.
How long does a carrot take to cook in soup?
Carrots soften in approximately 20-25 mins when cooked on the stovetop. Carrots take around 30-35 mins to roast inside the oven.
What is the flavour of carrot ginger soup?
This simple soup has a sweet and natural flavor and aroma with a hint of spice from the ginger.
Check Out One of My latest Videos
Is carrot ginger soup a low-carb option?
According to Healthline, Carrots (including meals made with fresh carrots) can be a part of the keto diet, but because they contain moderate amounts of carbs, portion sizes should be limited.
For how long can it be stored?
- You can keep the carrot ginger soup in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 to 5 days.
- You can also keep it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow cooling completely before transferring to freezer-safe containers or bags, leaving space that allows expansion. Allow the dish to defrost, before reheating.
- Reheat the soup at a low medium flame until it softens or keep them in the microwave for 30 seconds intervals. Keep them stirring at each interval, until it is completely warm and ready to serve.
Why is carrot ginger soup good for you?
What are its health benefits?
What makes the carrot ginger soup so effortlessly nutritious is the combination of power-packed ingredients. While carrots are high in Vitamin A, Beta Carotene, fiber, potassium, and antioxidants, among other nutrients. Ginger provides us with an anti-inflammatory and anti-nausea herb. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powerhouse. It has the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and cancer, as well as relieve depression and arthritic symptoms, and so on. Fresh garlic cloves and ground black pepper add even more health benefits to the dish, providing powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. The soup is a perfect immunity booster for keeping your health and the health of your loved ones in check.
What can be served with carrot ginger immune-boosting soup?
- You can serve this dish with kale salad or fattoush salad.
- You can also go with Balela Salad or Chickpea Egg Salad if you want a heartier, more substantial salad.
- Serve alongside crusty bread for a light meal. Garlic Bread is a good option to go with carrot ginger soup.
- Coleslaw is a simple side dish with a pleasant taste that pairs well with carrot and ginger soup.
- This simple side dish provides additional nutrition while tasting fantastic. Steam your chosen veggies before serving them with the carrot ginger soup.
- You can also pair the carrot garlic soup with mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes are a classic dish that goes well with everything.
Easy 9 Ingredient Immune Boosting Carrot Ginger Soup
- 1 food processor To puree the soup mix
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 500 g Carrots cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 pcs Onions Small Onions
- 10 g Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Orange Juice
- 1/2 tsp salt to your taste
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Take a medium saucepan, start by heating the oil over medium heat. Then, add the minced onions and carrots. Saute them frequently until they soften, stir for about 6 to 8minutes.
- Then add the ginger and turmeric and cook, stirring frequently, for about 1-2 minutes until it's fragrant. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- In a blender, puree the slightly cooled-down carrots, ginger, orange juice, salt, black pepper, vegetable broth, and turmeric. Blending the soup enhances the consistency and brings all of the tastes together. Puree them until you get the perfect creamy and smooth consistency. Add salt if required as per your liking.
- Finally, your hearty bowl of warm and delightful carrot ginger soup is ready to be served. Season with freshly grounded pepper, fresh coriander leaves, and have fun with it.
Useful Tips for the Recipe
- Any fresh herb, such as parsley, mint, dill leaves, or thyme, can be used to garnish carrot ginger soup.
- You can adjust the amount of black pepper you use in this recipe as per your likings.
- In case the carrots are not sweet enough, you can sweeten them by adding ½ or 1 tsp jaggery or sugar to the soup.
- You can use apple cider vinegar in place of orange juice too. Orange juice or apple cider vinegar helps in maintaining the tanginess and zesty flavor of the soup.
Nutrition Information for Carrot Ginger Soup
Hungry for More? Receive all this deliciousness and MORE directly in your inbox every week by subscribing to OUR RECIPE NEWSLETTER