This keto crab stuffed mushrooms recipe is perfect for a quick appetizer or starter recipe at home. The flavors and texture of low-carb stuffed mushrooms perfectly combine the creaminess with a little bit of sweetness from the crab.
You’ll love the ease of this keto crab stuffed mushroom recipe – baked in less than 30 minutes!
Be sure to check out my Easy White Chicken Chili Recipe: Keto-Friendly for another great dish.
Keto Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
The pronunciation itself is not a mouthful but these delicious bites are! The main players of the game are mushrooms which are locally sourced and crab meat which is readily available preserved or otherwise.
Eating low carb is a great way to fuel your body with delicious foods that offer nutritious value. Since the keto diet is a delicious way to add variety to your meals, it can be a simple way to achieve a lifestyle change as well.
Most keto recipes are easy and simple to make, using minimal ingredients with simple cooking instructions. The biggest thing to keep in mind when shifting to a keto diet is that you will never feel like you’re restricted.
The more keto recipes that you make, the more flavors that you’re going to crave and love that you’ll be able to enjoy. On the keto diet, there is no need to feel like you’re restricted at all.
Why You’ll Love These Crab and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Simple and easy to make using flavorful ingredients
- A great dish to add protein and flavor
- Perfect for meal prepping for later
Don’t FORGET to subscribe to our RECIPE NEWSLETTER So that you don’t miss out on any new recipes we post straight to your inbox!
As enchanting as these keto crab stuffed mushrooms may seem or even sound, I would also like to help you set up your kitchen with the right tools to make sure all your cooking and baking needs are satisfactorily met. Friend, here is a checklist of the 10 Most Essential Kitchen Tools that are a MUST-HAVE!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE LOW CARB STUFFED MUSHROOMS
As you can see, cooking up crab stuffed mushrooms doesn’t have to be difficult. Use the basic ingredients listed below to get the most delicious baked mushrooms, ever.
For the full measurement, scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Cremini (baby Bella) Mushrooms (20-25 individual mushrooms)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 1Fresh parsley salt
For the Filling:
- Cream cheese
- Crab meat
- Cloves garlic minced
- Dried oregano
- Black pepper
How to make keto crab stuffed mushrooms with cream cheese
Once you realize how simple it is to make this delicious mushroom recipe, you’re going to be hooked on cooking it up as often as possible. Just be sure to follow the simple directions to get the best tasting results.
Step 1: Preheat the oven
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Step 2: Prepare the mushrooms
Snap stems from mushrooms, discarding the stems and placing the mushroom caps on the baking sheet 1 inch apart from each other. Season the mushroom caps with salt.
Step 3: Make the filling
In a large mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients and stir until well-mixed without any lumps of cream cheese. Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture. Evenly sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of the stuffed mushrooms.
Step 4: Bake
Bake at 400 F until the mushrooms are very tender and the stuffing is nicely browned on top, about 30 minutes. Top with parsley and serve while hot.
Tips for Making the Best crab stuffed mushrooms with cream cheese
- Use a spoon to help scoop out the middle of the mushroom. (You can also saute up the middle of the mushroom and use it in omelets!)
- To save prep time, you can purchase shredded crab meat at the store that you can easily just add right into the filling.
Why are my stuffed mushrooms soggy?
More than likely, the mushrooms that you’re using are storing a ton of water. If you can clean them and let the water drain out, that is going to be the best bet on having stuffed mushrooms that are not soggy.
Can you leave out the crab?
Sure! If you’re not a fan of crab, you can leave it out. Cream cheese stuffed mushrooms are just as tasty and as easy to make.
How long can you keep stuffed mushrooms in the fridge?
As long as you store leftovers of these keto portobello stuffed mushrooms in the fridge in an airtight container, they should stay fresh for up to 1-2 days.
Can you eat stuffed mushrooms cold?
For safety measures, heat them thoroughly. Eating anything cold that should be served warm can put you at a risk.
How do you reheat stuffed portobello mushrooms?
The best way to reheat this crab stuffed mushrooms recipe is to reheat them in the oven. Put them in the oven at 325 degrees and warm them up for 5 minutes.
Can I freeze stuffed mushrooms?
You can! The biggest thing to remember when it comes to freezing stuffed mushrooms is that they should be stuffed raw. Prep them completely, then freeze them. This will make it simple to cook them later. They should stay in the freezer just fine for up to 3 months.
If you are planning on having friends over or a party, you could make the crab meat filling a day in advance and refrigerate it until you are ready to fill up your mushrooms.
The only downside to this method is that if you dare try to taste the crab fillings, the urge to consume the whole bowl will be overwhelming.
Speaking of storage, how organized is your kitchen? If your organization skills are half as bad as mine were a year ago, then I have something that will definitely put a smile on your face and help you declutter not only your kitchen space but every high traffic space from the entryway to the garage.
More Keto Recipes
Check out these fast and easy low-carb recipes!
- Easy Shirataki Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe (Keto-friendly)
- Quick and Easy Keto McMuffin for Breakfast
- Healthy Keto Chocolate Brownie: With Hazelnuts
Enchanting Keto Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 20 ounces Cremini (baby bella) Mushrooms (20-25 individual mushrooms)
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley salt
For the mushroom filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 4 ounces crab meat finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Snap stems from mushrooms, discarding the stems and placing the mushroom caps on the baking sheet 1 inch apart from each other. Season the mushroom caps with salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients and stir until well-mixed without any lumps of cream cheese. Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture. Evenly sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of the stuffed mushrooms.
- Bake at 400 F until the mushrooms are very tender and the stuffing is nicely browned on top, about 30 minutes. Top with parsley and serve while hot.
Crab stuffed mushrooms are mostly served as appetizers but not as the main course. To tantalize your taste buds with this imaginative dish, SERVE IT FRESH!