If you’re looking for a low carb chicken chili recipe, you’re in the right place. Once you make this keto chili recipe just one time, you’ll dream about it until you’re ready to whip it up and enjoy it again. You’ll love that this white chicken chili recipe is a simple low-carb dish with a delectable taste.
Be sure to check out my Keto Mug Cake for the perfect low carb dessert.
Don’t FORGET to subscribe to our RECIPE NEWSLETTER So that you don’t miss out on any new recipes we post straight to your inbox!
Low Carb White Chicken Chili
A low-carb diet is one of the most popular ways to live a healthy lifestyle. The ketogenic diet is one of the great secrets as it has helped millions of individuals achieve their dream form and live a healthy lifestyle.
Many keto recipes may help you to achieve your ideal physique, but this delicious keto creamy white chicken chili is at the top of the list because it will fill your tummy with a delicious taste and joy.
Who says that comfort food has to fill you with guilt? This easy keto chili recipe proves that you can get flavor and taste without compromising your healthy eating habits.
Why You’ll Love This White Chicken Chili with No Beans
- The cook time for this easy chili recipe is under one hour!
- True comfort food while adhering to your keto lifestyle and low carb diet.
- Creamy and delicious – and bean-free!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE KETO-FRIENDLY WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
One of the best things about this keto meal is that most of the ingredients are pantry essentials. The basic ingredients for the tasty and creamy white chicken chili are listed below.
- Coconut oil
- Whipping cream
- Cream cheese
- Onion powder
- Hot sauce
- Green peppers a.k.a capsicum
- Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Chili powder
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Chicken broth
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Green chilies
HOW TO MAKE KETO WHITE CHICKEN CHILI WITH CREAM CHEESE
The flavorful keto white chicken chili dish is a delicate and silky blend of nutrition and flavor. A few delicate processes must be performed exactly to obtain the distinct flavor of this chili dish. Below are the steps to make the best chili ever.
Step 1: Dice the onions and peppers
Firstly, dice the onions and green peppers, and sauté them with one tablespoon of butter. Set them aside.
Step 2: Season the chicken
Secondly, season the boneless and skinless chicken breasts with chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
Step 3: Cook the chicken
Add oil and 2 tablespoons butter to a large pan and cook the chicken breasts over medium-high heat. At least 5 minutes on both sides or until the chicken is fully cooked through. How long depends on the thickness of the chicken breasts. It mostly takes between 10 – 15 minutes.
Step 4: Cut and shred the chicken
Cool the chicken on a platter for 15 minutes or until it is safe to handle. Shred the chicken using two forks, or you can also add it to a bowl and shred it with an electric mixer. If you don’t have either of the two options, you can shred the chicken using your fingers.
Step 5: Make the chili base
In a large, heavy saucepan, combine the rest of the butter, chicken stock, heavy cream, cream cheese, onion powder, cumin, and spicy sauce. Season with salt and pepper, then reduce to low heat and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the butter and cream cheese have melted.
Step 6: Add the ingredients
Finally, toss in the chicken, sauteed vegetables, green chiles, and shredded cheese, and simmer for another 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream, lime wedges, and cilantro.
Tips for Making Homemade Chicken Chili
- Be sure to cook the chicken thoroughly. Don’t rush the process, and be careful not to overcook the chicken in the process.
- If you’re going to shred the chicken with your fingers, be careful that the meat isn’t too hard as you don’t want to get burnt.
How do I know chicken is cooked all the way?
The best way to verify that chicken is safe to eat is to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. To be considered safe to consume, the internal temperature of the chicken should read 165 degrees.
Does White Chicken Chili have a lot of carbs?
While I can’t speak for other recipes, this chili recipe is low in carbs. You want to stay clear of chilis that use beans as they are not part of a low-carb diet.
What can I substitute for beans in keto chili?
This is why I love this low-carb chili recipe. There are no beans to worry about. Instead, I use peppers and onions for that texture – and it works out perfectly.
What are good toppings for chili?
Chili toppings are always delicious! Add shredded cheese, a bit of salsa, a small amount of sour cream or cottage cheese, or even a few dabs of hot sauce.
Be sure to add toppings that are low carb!
Can you freeze chili?
You can! Chili is a great way to make freezer meals to enjoy later! Just add it to a freezer-safe bag or container and place it in the freezer to store.
How to store leftover chili
The best way to store chili leftovers is to let them cool down completely and then store them in an airtight container in the fridge. They should stay fresh for 2-3 days.
More Keto Recipes
Check out these delicious low-carb options if you’re looking for even more keto recipes.
- Quick and Easy Keto McMuffin for Breakfast
- Easy Shirataki Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe (Keto-friendly)
- Healthy Keto Chocolate Brownie: With Hazelnuts
Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe: To Spice Up Your Keto Diet
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 pc Onion medium-sized
- 2 pc green peppers
- 1 tsp Hot sauce (tabasco)
- 1 stick butter (115g)
- 2 pounds Skinless, Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 cans Chopped green chilies You can also use Fresh Green Chili
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 1 pc lime for garnishing
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Firstly, dice the onions and green peppers, and saute them with one tablespoon of butter. Set them aside.
- Secondly, season the boneless and skinless chicken breasts with chili powder, salt and black pepper.
- Add oil and 2 tablespoons butter to a large pan and cook the chicken breasts over medium-high heat. At least 5 minutes on both sides or until the chicken is fully cooked through. How long depends on the thickness of the chicken breasts. Mostly takes between 10 – 15 minutes.
- Cool the chicken on a platter for 15 minutes or until it is safe to handle. Shred the chicken using two forks or you can also add it to a bowl and shred it with an electric mixer. If you don’t have either of the two options, you can shred the chicken using your fingers.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, combine the rest of the butter, chicken stock, heavy cream, cream cheese, onion powder, cumin, and spicy sauce. Season with salt and pepper, then reduce to low heat and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the butter and cream cheese have melted.
- Finally, toss in the chicken, sauteed vegetables, green chiles and shredded cheese, and simmer for another 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream, lime wedges and cilantro.
- Serve, Take A Picture, Share it on Instagram, Tag Me, and ENJOY!
Nutrition Information (per serving)
|Net carbohydrates||5 gm|
Alright let’s wrap this keto chicken chili recipe up…
When following A KETOGENIC DIET, one is advised to consume items that keep you full and help you control your cravings. The keto diet also aids in weight loss by boosting metabolism. As a result, white chicken chili is at the top of the list when it comes to spice up your menus, without compromising your Keto routine. This recipe’s components are basic, yet it packs a punch in terms of flavor and nutrients.